Update: Applications are closed! Thank you!
Beauty Goes Digital is looking for beauty writers!
If you’re a writer who loves all things beauty and tech, we would love to have you on our team.
This is a paid, long-term position that requires candidates to submit at least three articles per week. This is a virtual, work-from-anywhere position. You’ll set your own hours to meet your deadlines. You are required to attend our team meeting via Google Hangout every Tuesday morning.
A passion for the beauty industry is a must! Great writing skills and a strong grasp of online marketing, web design and social media platforms are also essential to this role.
- Develop and publish written content every week for Beauty Goes Digital
- Stay current on beauty industry news, digital platform changes and new social media tools that can be used for stories
- Contribute to monthly Social Media Content Calendars, incorporating branded written and visual content across multiple social media platforms
- Organize and produce monthly Recap Reports that analyze website traffic on your articles
- Respond to comments on your articles and engage with readers who comment on your social media posts
- Brainstorm ideas for content strategy, social media programs, events, partnerships and other campaigns as needed
- Occasionally assist with managing social media giveaways, sweepstakes and partnerships with other beauty and tech brands
- Expert knowledge of how to publish articles and photos using WordPress
- Advanced copywriting, editorial and blogging skills
- Internet savvyness and a strong understanding of digital media
- A passion for the beauty industry is a must! It would be awesome if you have your own beauty or personal style blog
- One year of editorial experience. I would also love to see that your own social media accounts are bustling with tech, beauty, and style content of your own.
- Bachelors degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- Experience in Photoshop is a major plus
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask effectively
If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and two writing samples (preferably beauty or tech stories) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is April 15, 2016.